Zullo’s provide organic traditional italian food and we bought all our ingredients from Green City Market. Now we are focusing on farmers’ markets, come and visit us. Enjoy the summer with zullo’s Italian food!
italian, organic, traditional ,chicago, farmers market
Zullo’s Peach Fiadoni
Makes twenty (approximately)
2/3 stick of butter
½ c. sugar
½ lemon, juiced
Pinch of salt
3-4 medium to large ripe peaches, peeled and cut into small chunks (bruised or over-ripe peaches also work)
2 tbsp. cornstarch or flour
¼ c. water
1 Pillsbury refrigerated piecrust*
1 egg, beaten (for wash)
Cinnamon or other seasonings optional
How to make Fiadoni
1. Heat pan with butter, sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
2. Add peaches; cook until soft.
3. In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch/flour in water — make sure it’s mixed well.
4. While stirring, slowly add cornstarch mixture to peaches. Continue stirring for about one minute.
5. Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a shallow cookie sheet to cool completely.
6. Unroll piecrust and cut into rounds using edge of a glass; brush with egg wash.
7. Center a small amount of filling (about ¾ tsp.); fold over edges into half-moon and press, using a fork to secure the seal. Egg wash the tops.
8. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown in a 350° oven.
9. Serve immediately or at room temp.
*Zullo’s uses homemade dough; we wanted to make it easy.
We got several flavors of Fiadoni at Green City Market, 1750 North Clark Street. Come on and get some tasty Fiadoni every Wednesday and Saturday at Zullo’s!
Follow us at: